IEEE GLOBECOM 2020 plans to hold a number of Industry Demonstration sessions during the conference and invites the submission of Industry Demo proposals. Industrial Demo session will showcase demonstration of original research prototypes and innovative ideas coming from researchers and practitioners in the industry, in the academia and in government research institutions. The demos are aimed at strengthening the interaction between researchers and practicing engineers. It offers an exciting opportunity to demonstrate the state-of-the-art results to a wide audience of professionals in industry, academia and government research institutions.
Structure of Industry Demo
- The demonstration sessions will be displayed at the opening reception, and one or two 1.5-hour timeslots will also be arranged on Thursday.
- The demonstrators will also be required to present a poster alongside the demo which illustrates the scientific and technological aspects involved.
- In order to present a demonstration, at least one author/presenter must be registered for the conference.
Preparation of Industry Demo Proposals
The length of each proposal should not exceed 5 pages in total, and a proposal should include:
- Title of the demo
- Name, affiliation, contact information of each organizer (and author if the organizer(s) and the author(s) are not the same)
- Motivation and introduction of the demo
- Information about the equipment to be used for the demo
- Needed space and required setup time.
- If appropriate, a URL showing the preview of the demo (e.g., an on-line video of the demo, screenshots, photos, etc.)
A template of the proposal for Industry Demo is available.
- Each demonstration will be allotted a 2m-wide space with a skirted table
- Each demonstration will be allotted an easel for a poster (portrait A0 max size)
- A 110 Volt electrical power strip is available
- Internet access will be offered via Wi-Fi
- Any other equipment/material must be brought by the presenters.
- Authors/presenters will be responsible for shipping costs and for transportation/delivery to and from the conference, and will be responsible for care and safety of their equipment during the conference
- Presenters will be expected to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the allotted timeslot to set up the demonstration.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 July 2020 (Extended)
- Proposal Acceptance Notification: 1 August 2020
- Poster Submission: 16 October 2020
Submission of Industry Demo Proposals
- A proposal should be sent as a single PDF file to the Industry Demo chair via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use “Proposal of GLOBECOM2020 Industry Demo” as the title of email for submitting the proposal
Please address proposals and questions to Ray-Guang Cheng.