IEEE GLOBECOM 2020 plans to hold a number of industry tutorials, and invites the submission of industry tutorial proposals. Industry tutorial emphasizes on recent topics of technical and business issues in communications and networking of particular interests to the community.
Structure of Industry Tutorial
- Industry tutorials are similar to traditional “technical tutorials” in format.
- An industry tutorial may include tutorial talks, training courses, or demonstrations around a targeted topic.
- Proposers are encouraged to organize half-day (two 1.5-hour timeslots) or full-day (four 1.5-hour timeslots) industry tutorial.
Topics of Interest (including but not limited to)
- 5G/6G Services, Implementations and Standards
- Internet of Things and Big Data
- Smart Cities and Healthcare Systems
- Emerging Technologies for Public Safety
- Industry Organization
- SDN, Virtualization, and Network Architectures
- Body Area and Wearable Networks
- Industrial and Medical Robots
- Drone/V2X Applications, Technologies and Challenges
- Tactile Internet
- AI and Machine Learning
- Social Networking
- Cloud and Fog/Edge Computing, Networking and Storage
- Electronic Commerce Including Blockchain Applications and Supporting Infrastructures
- Security and Privacy
- Intelligent Radios
Preparation of Industry Tutorial Proposals
The length of each proposal should not exceed 5 pages in total, and a proposal should include:
- Title of the tutorial
- Length of the tutorial (half day or full day)
- Name, affiliation, contact information of each organizer
- Motivation and scope of the tutorial
- A brief description of the technical issues that the tutorial will address
- If appropriate, a description of past industry/technical tutorial organized by the proposer, including number of attendees, etc.
- Tentative program of the tutorial
- Tentative schedule (talks, demos, or training)
- Tentative names of speakers
- If appropriate, a description of how to advertise/promote this industry tutorial
- Biographies and photos of organizer(s)
- One page of Call for Participation for the industry tutorial
A template of the proposal for Industry Tutorial is available.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 July 2020 (Extended)
- Proposal Acceptance Notification: 1 August 2020
Submission of Industry Tutorial Proposals
- A proposal should be sent as a single PDF file to the Industry Tutorial chair via the following email address: email@example.com
- Use “Proposal of GLOBECOM2020 Industry Tutorial” as the title of email for submitting the proposal