The 2020 IEEE GLOBECOM will be held at Taipei, Taiwan, 7-11 December 2020. Themed "Communications for Human and Machine Intelligence," the conference will offer five full days of original paper presentations, tutorials, workshops, industry program with keynotes and panels from prominent research, industry and government leaders, business and industry panels, and technological exhibits. In addition to exciting technical symposia, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops, to be held on 7 December or 11 December 2020.
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main symposia. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, keynotes and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion. Please address all questions to the Workshops Co-Chairs Y.-W. Peter Hong, Petar Popovski, and Rath Vannithamby.
Workshop Proposal Format
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers have accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop: Monday December 7 or Friday December 11
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices
- Unique, creative and novel workshop formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
Workshop Proposal Submission
A workshop proposal should be sent by email to Workshop Co-Chairs Y.-W. Peter Hong, Petar Popovski, and Rath Vannithamby as a single PDF file. The emails should include [GC20 WORKSHOP] in the subject title.
Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners and policy makers leading to high impact and transformative research. Papers will be added to the IEEE GLOBECOM Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Workshop Organization Timeline
Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 April 2020 (Extended)
1 May 2020 15 May 2020
CFP for Web Posting:
10 May 2020 25 May 2020
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2020
Paper Acceptance Notification: 1 September 2020
Camera Ready: 1 October 2020