WELCOME TO THE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR 5G PLUS (AT5G+)
FRIDAY, 11TH OF DECEMBER (FULL DAY)
As 5G deployment is accelerating in commercialization deployment at a global scale, it is time to study the enabling techniques for 5G plus which aims to the market of 2025 and beyond. For 5G evolution, eMBB is to be optimized to improve the performance in the areas of throughput increase and power consumption reduction to meet the requirements of the emerging services such as AR/VR. The vertical industry application (such as URLLC and mMTC) will become important area in 5G+ to meet the stringent requirements from industrial IOT, V2X, and massive of connectivity.
This full-day workshop provides the opportunity for attendees from both academia and industry to share the views on advanced radio access technologies towards 5G+.
- Dr. Wen Tong, Huawei Technologies, Canada
- Prof. Robert Schober, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Prof. Zhi Ding, University of California in Davis, USA
- Prof. Inkyu Lee, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- Mr. Shaobo Wang, Huawei Technologies, China
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- TDD massive MIMO on both low and high frequency bands
- Massive MIMO evolution in both low and high frequency bands
- Intelligent reflecting surfaces (IRSs) for cost-effective wireless networks.
- High-capacity uplink coverage for high-definition video transmission
- Dynamic spectrum sharing within/among operators
- User centric no cell experience (UCNC) with base station cooperation for both downlink and uplink
- Network assisted user cooperation for better performance in capacity, coverage, reliability, power, etc.
- New spectrum identification and channel propagation characteristics
- Low power-consumption operation at both network and UE sides
- Low power, low cost, high accuracy wireless positioning and navigation
- Large capacity URLLC transmission and networking
- Deterministic-delay networks for industrial applications
- Mixed massive connectivity of various types of mMTC devices with heterogeneous rate and latency requirements
- Passive RFID technology and simultaneous wireless information and power transfer (SWIPT) in IoT
- Artificial Intelligence for advanced air interface design
- Paper submission: 14 August 2020 (firm)
- Acceptance notification: 15 September 2020
- Final paper due: 1 October 2020
- Vincent Wong, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Derrick Wing Kwan Ng, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Zhiguo Ding, University of Manchester, U.K.
- Qingqing Wu, University of Macau, China
- Hoon Lee, Pukyung National University, Busan, Korea
- Seok-Hwan Park, Jeonbook National University, Jeonjoo, Korea
- Giulio Colavolpe, University of Parma, Italy
- Kai Niu, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Deli Qiao, East China Normal University, China
- Marco Di Renzo, Universite Paris-Saclay, France
- Guanding Yu, Zhejiang University, China
- Olsvaldo Simeone, King's College London, U.K.
- Zheng Ma, Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- Bo Li, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Jan Stefan Michels, Weidmüller
- Gonzalez Vazquez, Volkswagen, Israel
- Emmanuel Dotaro, Thales
Submission link: https://edas.info/N27535
Contact: Dr. Jiyong Pang firstname.lastname@example.org, Huawei technologies Co, Ltd., Shanghai, China.
Prospective authors are invited to submit technical papers of their previously unpublished work. Accepted workshop papers will be part of the Conference Proceedings and will be uploaded to IEEE Xplore. Papers should be submitted via EDAS. Papers should follow the same Author guidelines of the general symposium, which are available at https://globecom2020.ieee-globecom.org/.
Special thanks to the other two workshops which were combined into our workshop AT5G+.
WS-03 (original): Intelligent Fog and Edge Infrastructures for Future Wireless Systems
Organizers: Prof. Maria Yuang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan; Dr. Alain Mourad, Interdigital, UK; Dr. Antonio de la Oliva, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain; Dr. Bengt Ahlgren, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Sweden
WS-15 (original): Early deployments of 5G networks features and performance
Organizers: Simon Fletcher (Realwireless, UK), Belkacem Mouhouche (Samsung R&D Institute UK), Roman Odarchenko (Bundleslab, Hungary)